It is so important to provide the right kind of nutrition to your body before you workout. It’ll not just help provide essential nutrients but will help you push through intense workouts. Instead of just having pre-workout shakes or protein shakes, try some healthy recipes with a twist of GNC protein. They’ll help you maintain your diet and not add any additional guilt in the form of sugar, fat, or extra calories.
Do try these 5 easy pre-workout snack recipes with a healthy twist.
- Chocolate and peanut butter energy balls
These chocolate and peanut butter energy balls are full of protein and fiber making them the perfect pre-workout snack that you can have on the go and keep yourself energized throughout your intense workouts.
- 1 ripe banana
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 scoops GNC protein (vanilla variant)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the banana. Add cocoa powder, peanut butter, salt and flaxseeds and GNC protein powder and mix well.
- Stir in oats and mix well until you get a thick creamy consistency.
- Scoop out bite size balls using a spoon and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Banana smoothie
Having a smoothie with the goodness of pre-workout supplements will give you that edge to accomplish your fitness goals in the gym. Try this easy smoothie recipe with bananas and you can replace protein powder with pre workout supplement.
- 1 banana
- ½ cup skimmed milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 scoop vanilla GNC protein powder (you can also take a pre-workout supplement)
- 2 tbsp seedless dates
- 5 almonds
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender jar until you get a smoothie like consistency.
- Transfer to a glass and chug it before your workout!
- Cinnamon bites
Get the deliciousness of cinnamon and host of other spices in this protein packed recipe. Perfect fuel for pre-workout energy, these cinnamon bites can also be had as a guilt free dessert when you are in a fitness journey and want to count your calorie intake.
- 1 cup coconut/ almond flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- ½ cup nut butter of your choice
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ cup honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup jaggery
- In a pan on low flame melt the jaggery and keep aside.
- In another bowl add almond flour, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, and whey protein.
- Add jaggery and honey to the bowl and mix all the ingredients together.
- Roll into bite sized pieces and allow them to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- No bake workout bars
Super easy and quick to make, you can easily store these workout bars in an airtight container and have one before your workout session. They have the goodness of protein powder and are much healthier and cheaper than protein bars that you buy from stores.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup GNC protein powder (chocolate variant)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- In a blender jar pulse 1 ½ cup oats until you get flour like consistency. Transfer to a bowl and add remaining ½ cup oats, protein powder, raisins, chia seeds, and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl mix together honey, coconut milk, and peanut butter to get a smooth consistency.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oats mixture and mix it all well.
- Transfer this batter into a greased square pan. Allow it to set in the fridge overnight.
- Cut into small bars and enjoy
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
The goodness of fruits and pre workout supplement in a smoothie bowl, now that’s what we call a healthy recipe. Have this smoothie bowl in breakfast or before your workouts and power through even intense exercise sessions with ease.
- 3 – 5 seedless dates
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/3 cup sprouted brown rice
- 1 scoop GNC protein (strawberry variant)
- 1 cup water
- Toppings – chia seeds/ nuts/ chocolate chips
- Put all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Top it with your favorite toppings and enjoy it as a healthy pre workout snack.
You can buy all these GNC whey protein supplements directly from GNC India’s official website – www.guardian.in
You can buy the complete range of protein supplements and also go through pre-workout supplements on the website. It is recommended that you consult your doctor and only then include a GNC protein or pre workout supplement in your fitness routine.